Martin’s Milk Service Inc. / Martin’s Warehousing is a family owned and operated business since 1941. Martin Milk Service’s roots can be traced back to the early ‘40s when Vern Martin started hauling milk from farms to the Wilton Co-Op Creamery. Vern’s milk route continued until 1959 when he decided to sell his route.
In 1960, Vern’s sons Allan and Norman Martin became partners in the business. By 1975, Allan, along with his wife Ruth, became sole owners of the business after buying out Norman. In 1978, the company was incorporated and became Martin’s Bulk Milk Service Inc.
Martin’s Milk Service expanded beyond hauling dairy products in 1981 when it started hauling meat products. This arrangement eventually led into further expansion of hauling additional products such as cheese, milk powder, and furniture. Martin’s hauls products to 48 states.
In 2000, Martin’s Milk Service expanded its services to include Martin Warehousing by acquiring an 88,000-square-foot facility in Wilton to use as a distribution center for its products and an 8,000-square-foot dry dairy products storage facility in Kendall. Martin’s Milk Service is also affiliated with MBM Logistics in Winona, MN, a brokerage company that arranges freight transportation.
Today, Allan and Ruth’s children, Dave, Jim, Dan, Andy and Tina, are apart of the business and take care of the day-to-day operation. Martin’s is easily one of the largest employers in Monroe County, WI, with 180 power units and 300 trailers.